Short story: Unfathomable love
Ria entered in her
living room with a cup of coffee. Keeping the tray aside on corner table of the
room, she bolted the door and then again took the tray and placed it before Raj
who was completely engrossed in his official work. She once asked Raj to have
his coffee and then get back to his work to which Raj paid no attention. He was
sitting on his sofa with his laptop on making presentation for next morning
meeting.
Ria moved from there,
knowing that Raj never likes to be disturbed while he is on with his official
work that too during late night hours which clearly means something much
important is to take place tomorrow morning. She picked up a magazine and
started reading. Though it was midnight, she was feeling sleepy too but couldn’t
sleep due to all lights on. She sat with her magazine for sometime pretending
to read, she meanwhile kept on asking Raj to finish up his coffee, his work and
then get to sleep but all in vain.
Little later Raj said,
I had my coffee Sweet heart without noticing her and asked her to sleep as you
have to get up early and you must be tired by day’s work. All he said in a row
without any emotional feel.
Nodding in Yes to his questions, Ria got up to change. She stood before her dressing table, took a comb
and started combing her hairs. Though physically it seemed she was looking into
the mirror but mentally she was lost somewhere. She was draped in a light pink
chiffon plane saree with a deep cut mega sleeves blouse. she looked stunning. Then she was about to unpin upper half of her saree
stuck with her blouse but somehow the safety pin got entangled and wasn’t
coming out. Ria was struggling with that when Raj caught glimpse of her. He got
up from his sofa to help her out; he held her hands aside and helped her to
unpin it.
He looked into her eyes
with tears trying to roll down her cheeks, wiping them with his fingers, he
asked what happened. She didn’t say a word but held him tight as if she wasn’t
ready to lose that grip. He too held her tight and again asked what happened,
had anyone said something? She looked into his eyes, nodding right-left, she
kissed on his forehead and said I love you Raj and I don’t want to lose you
ever. Raj looked deep into her eyes, I love you baby and will never let you
move out of my life. But Raj has always sensed those deep thoughts which now
and often troubled Ria. She perhaps blames herself for all what happened. Though
she had tried her best not to get involved in such a relation but could not fight with her destiny in which she had always believed.
Raj holding Ria’s hand
asked her to sit on sofa. Holding her face in his hands he said, again the same
question, Is that still bothering you?
But why, Now we are married, married for six months and you have been
gladly accepted by all family members of mine, Isn’t it Ria. Why, now and often
you think about the age difference between us, How does it matter if you are
elder to me, elder by ten years. Have you forgotten it was me who fell in love
with you and mind you it was so difficult to convince you, to make you fall for me, Forgotten, it took me two years to convince you? I could have left and run away but I could not sweet heart, I could not. Why don't you understand this ? When I fell in love
with you I had known everything about you. I knew your age, I knew you are ten
years elder to me but I loved you, not your age, for me my love for you
mattered, not your age. Getting little naughty Raj said I loved your dimples and
kissed her gently on her cheeks. Ria by this time was patiently hearing everything.
She smiled, hugged him tight and said what if I lose you. I don’t want that for
I won’t be able to live without you ever.
Ria said Raj, my love
for you is deep, intense, unfathomable and none can ever break it, not even God. It’s too late now, come let us sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment