While I was just conversing with
Rani regarding what to do, a message popped up, nearly half an hour later of
the previous message.
Hi, it’s me, yet not responded, where are we meeting?
I again showed the message to
Rani. She read and before she could utter a word, a message popped up again.
?? Whats up? Where are you? Its blue tick by the way. I am sure
you are seeing the message, yet not responding. ???
I kept
the mobile on the dining table thinking I would pay no heed to it. But my
reluctance to reply did not stop the explosion of message. It kept on popping
up at a regular interval. Later, its frequency increased.
I am sorry. Reply soon.
I can fix it.
Everything will be fine.
See, we need to communicate. I don’t want any more communication
gap between us.
Still waiting for your reply!
Let’s catch up soon!
I can explain everything!
I must be given a chance!
I am afraid I will lose you again!
Each message
appeared at a regular interval, probably after a gap of ten to fifteen minutes.
We kept on reading the messages as it kept on appearing on the screen. But both
of us were quiet. In fact, the silence has silenced us. I was indisputably reluctant
to reply to any of his messages. But it kept on popping up from time to time as
if he would set everything right now only.
His
last message, “I am afraid I will lose
you again” compelled me to ponder whether I should reply. I had yet not
made up my mind. But I read it again and again. I thought, when had he won me
ever? How the question of losing me can arise?
A one liner
man, as he was called in his friends’ circle, one who never liked to write more
than a sentence or two and if he needed to repeat anything he would take the
help of 10 within brackets, has written so many one line messages to me.
Rani
said, “Do you want to call him?”
“I don’t
know. I am not sure.” I replied.
“It
seems he has something to share and express”, she said.
“You can
message him.” Rani sounded firm.
She
believed it is courteous to reply. After all he was no stranger. Communication
gap can irreversibly damage any relation. The greatest problems of the nations can be
solved with peaceful negotiations. There’s no harm in dropping a simple
message. I was just preparing to reply that a message appeared.
Planned to give me cardiac arrest?
I read
it. But absolutely confused, I wanted to yell at my dilemmatic condition. I
felt miserable. I was terribly torn at his statement.
I
immediately picked up my mobile to call him. The call was unanswered;
But soon
message came,
In a
meeting. Will call you once free.
No comments:
Post a Comment