The given story is chapter 2 of 'I will not Put you in trouble: a short love story'
The story will be published in episodic manner.
Again, again why is it that you always take days, months and
this time a year to write something for your readers? "What kept you so
busy", said Rani sarcastically. She knew me so well that she sounded
sarcastic to me, though she had asked such a simple question. I knew this time
it was more than a year when again I started working on the same old mini
laptop. It's not that I had completely stopped working on technological
gadgets. In this modern world one cannot think of doing so but I have a way
with this old mini laptop of mine. For all official purpose I generally
work on PC or on Dell.
It had nearly been ten years that Rani and I had been together,
just the two of us. She had left her drunkard husband in her early twenties. It
had been difficult for her to make both ends meet all alone. Neither the
in-laws were supportive nor her own parents. She had to leave both the houses
to live alone. The so called high status did not allow her to do menial jobs. I
still remember, Sunday 15th July 2013, when I found her in Super Mart trying to remove one less usable item every time the man on counter
informed her about the total money. Ultimately she purchased only sugar and salt
to make her living by drinking sugar-salty water. I had watched her closely
while she was busy manipulating. One could easily make out the endless pain on her
beautiful face. Truly the moon did have a scar. I offered her a cup of coffee in a nearby
restaurant to which she readily agreed. While we sipped our coffee, she narrated her
whole incident in one go. We both needed
a companion and found the one in each other. Our companionship has been a
solace for each other.
She had known me inside out. It was long back when I had
received a phone call from him which allowed her to investigate me. Oh! She could
read all emotions on my face.
I was in my study when she was there to call me for lunch and
found me holding ‘the love of mine’. She was still waiting for the answer which
I was unwilling to give her. But she knows me more than I do know myself. She
won’t leave until ....
Speak the truth; don’t cook up anything new, she said sternly reading
my emotions. I stammered with a choked
voice, this time, four years later, it's the Whatsapp message and then I
extended my mobile to show her. It read
I want to meet you, dearest..................., my ....... .We were speechless.
TO BE
CONTINUED........................
Eagerly waiting for chapter 3 ma'am
ReplyDelete