Thursday, 30 July 2020

My Twenty Year Old Daughter

When my twenty year old daughter

Steps out of the house,

I look at her through the eyes of a MOM

Her face shinning with confidence,

Her black, sharp, illuminating eyes,

Reflecting the rebelliousness of her age,

Reminds me of my days of twenty,

Compels me to relive those memories,

Making me forget for the time being,

Aging wrinkles on my pale face

Socio-Politico Official affairs,

Coerced discourses at mundane fairs,

Loosening knots of familiar relations

In the hope to run the nation;

 

Worry Not;

Will come early,

Screamed She,

Thus breaking my thoughtful glee;

 

 

I wanna say her

I am the incarnation of all Shakti

Be it Durga, Kali or Chandi,

AM there to Shelter you

Need not FEAR

THOUGH

Countless stands with greedy eyes,

Numerous utters unlawful voice,

Innumerable to clip your wings,

Untold to snatch you hence;

But Worry Not,

I am for you

Return home with same fervour and gaiety,

As returns your brother with mighty;

 

BUT ……… THEN…………. ONCE

When my twenty year old daughter

Stepped out of the house

To return never

For the WORLD was not

As thought SHE.


2 comments:

Chapter 5: This is My Address

  Chapter 5 : This is my address I looked at Rani, showed her the message while she was scrupulously using her culinary skills. She looked...